Does your husband count the days until hunting season begins? Whether you are a hunter or whether hunting is just not your sport, you'll win a lot of points when you surprise your husband with a hunt-themed birthday.
The More The Merrier
Unless you are the one who will hunt with your husband, it is probably a very smart idea for you to include his friends or family members who also love to hunt in your plans. If he has pals with whom he has enjoyed hunting in the past, they are more than likely your best go-to helpers.
- Be sure from the very beginning to make it clear that your plans are a surprise.
- Find out the best places to hunt so that you can make that trip a part of your gift.
- It will be helpful if you let them know your spending limit so that your husband's hunting partners will make the right accommodations.
- Get ideas from the others who will be accompanying your husband of what gear he will need to take.
- For example, find out if the guys will be sleeping in tents or if they'll just be doing a day trip.
Your Husband's Big Day
Besides being excited to surprise your husband on his birthday, you'll probably be relieved that you don't have to keep the secret anymore.
- Start his birthday with a breakfast served hunter-style. For example, put his breakfast beverage in a thermos or a canteen. Use camp dishes and flatware, too.
- If your husband is like many other men, they are anxious to know what the birthday gift is. Don't make him wait too long!
- A perfect gift would be to buy your husband his hunting gear.
- If your husband and his hunting friends will be roughing it, consider buying a tent. Even if he already owns one, there are new tents that are much easier to pack and to transport. In addition, they are easier to set up and take down.
- Think of buying new hunting clothes, too. Consider getting a camouflage pattern. Don't forget to include a jacket for cool days.
At your surprise dinner in your husband's honor, think about inviting all of his hunting buddies and their partners to join the fun. Have a hunt-themed birthday cake. To make things even more special, get each person to toast your husband. Save your toast for the end, so you can make it a very special way to end the evening.